To all Targa Newfoundland & Bambina Competitors and Fans
The month of January was to be a month of change for Targa Newfoundland, but the proposed sale of the two companies behind the annual Targa Newfoundland and Bambina motorsport events did not go ahead. Negotiations were terminated in mid-January 2020. We decided to hold any releases until February. We are now pleased to announce the following:
- Roger Grimes, Past Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador (involved in the creation of Targa Newfoundland) and current Chairman of the Canada Newfoundland and Labrador Offshore Petroleum Board, has agreed to take on the position of Chairman of Newfoundland International Motorsports Limited.
- Mark Williams has been retained to do the course Green Check and then return as Event Steward for the combined Targa / Bambina events.
- Pete MacDonald and his EZ Track system (used by ARA, CRC and Ontario Region) has been retained for timing and scoring the two events.
Targa Newfoundland 2020:
- Will follow an eight-day format: Registration Saturday Sept 12, Prologue Sunday 13, Competition Monday 14 – Friday 18, Awards on Saturday 19.
- Will overnight in the following communities: Saturday and Sunday – St. John’s, Monday to Wednesday – Marystown, Thursday – Clarenville and Friday and Saturday – St. John’s.
Bambina Newfoundland 2020
- Bambina will be blended into Targa where it will run as an additional class within the Targa event.
- Bambina will follow a four-day format: Registration Saturday Sept 12, Prologue Sunday Sept 13, Competition Monday Sept 14 and Tuesday 15.
Course Familiarization School
- The school (mandatory for first time license holders and new-comers) will be held on Thursday and Friday September 10 – 11.
Joe Dowden appointed Clerk of the Course, Chris Landon Media Relations, Nancy Dowden Chief CRO. Leah Dalton Course Audit and Mike Davenport, a super experienced past competitor will return to guide and supervise the Fast Tour entrants. Anthony Butler will assume responsibility for Stage operations assisted by Matt Dowden who will be Assistant Clerk of the Course. The remaining management team members will be announced in future releases.
We wish to thank those who registered for Targa 2019 and waited through the postponement period. We are grateful for their support and hope that they will all join us for the Return of Targa. We have not yet accepted any new entries, but we are ready now and have approximately 20 on the wait list. These two groups, when combined, make up more than 2/3 of the number required to make the joint Targa/Bambina 2020 event a great success.
Alita Whynot is our Registrar and either she or I are now open and ready to take your call or answer your questions about this fabulous week of motorsport. Call or e-mail us now at:
Alita Whynot C: 1-709-746-0783 or E: email@example.com
Robert Giannou C: 1-709-682-7900 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call our office toll free at 1-877-332-2413
Help us celebrate this first Joint Targa / Bambina event with us. Register now by calling or emailing either of the above people…
Let’s get this fantastic on the road.