2018 Leg Maps and Event Schedule
Below is our Leg Maps to show where the stages will be on a given day in the province. The 2018 Targa Event Schedule is available for download via the link.
Flatrock Road Closure Notice
2018- Leg 1
Black River – Garden Cove Road Closure Notice
North Harbour Road Closure Notice
Boat Harbour – Petite Forte Road Closure Notice
Parkers Cove Road Closure Notice
FAQ about Targa Newfoundland
Question: What’s included in the entry fee?
- Entry in your specified class for Targa Newfoundland 2018
- Tickets to specified Lunches for Driver & Co-Driver/Navigator
- Awards Ceremony tickets for Driver & Co-Driver/Navigator (does not include Quick Tour)
- Tickets to pre and post event functions for Driver & Co-Driver/Navigator (does not include Quick Tour)
- Event Insurance (for closed-road stages)
- Public Liability & Property Damage (up to $5 million for any single incident)
- Medical Coverage (secondary to the competitor’s own insurance)
- Luggage transportation to each venue change (may not cover Quick Tour depending on day(s) selected)
- Merchandise kit for Driver and Co-Driver/Navigator
- Competition and Sponsor decal kit for vehicle
- Competitor Support decal kit for one support vehicle
- Targa Newfoundland reflective license plates
Question: Do I have to book my own hotel, flights, ferry, etc?
Answer: Yes, unless you book a the all-inclusive package with us, you are responsible for getting your team and vehicle here and from the event. We can suggest a travel agency and recommend specific hotels, but you are responsible for booking those things.
Question: Do I need a real ‘race car’ to compete in Targa?
Answer: No. You can use any vehicle in Quick Tour, Fast Tour or Grand Touring divisions. Targa division requires fully equipped ‘race cars’.
Question: Will my friends and family be able to see me during the week?
Answer: Yes! We’ll have images posted each evening of the day’s events. We utilize our social media reach, with our Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram accounts, and posting results and other information on our main Targa website. Local media may be on stages, plus national media will be on site. Photographers and videographers will be on site capturing all the excitement on the stages, car shows and other moments.
Question: How many people can be entered in a single vehicle?
Answer: We prefer only two, however we have dealt with three and four people entered in a single vehicle. The only problem is that each “switch” of a team member will receive a time penalty, which will quickly push you down to the bottom of the standings. Additional cost will also be added to the entry fee for additional person(s) on the team.
Targa Newfoundland – Real People, Real Cars, Real Roads!